Physical (Outpatient) Therapist
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Physical Therapist to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Evaluate patients and establish a physical therapy plan of care that integrates goals, treatments, outcomes and discharge plans.
- Administer plan of care incorporating age-specific, cultural and spiritual needs of the patient and significant other.
- Continually observes and reevaluates treatment effects consulting with physician and other health care professionals, altering program as needed in order to provide quality patient care.
- Supervise and delegate assistants, technicians, students and volunteers in providing support functions.
- Coordinate appropriate patient referrals for other services as needed and function as an advocate for appropriate services and resources during stay and in preparation for discharge.
- Educate patients, family and other health care providers on appropriate care modifying activities considering learner's needs and capabilities and conducts on-going educational programs as required.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program. Participates in educational programs on an ongoing basis and complete mandatory CEUs as required.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing in a caring, considerate and concerned manner.
- Willingness to accept responsibility.
- Ability to direct ancillary staff and organize work assignments.
- Leadership skills essential to the position.
- Must be skilled in a broad range of modalities with a clear understanding of indications and contraindicating of each.
- Familiar with indications and use of equipment.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current license from the State of Illinois or in the process of acquiring licensure.
- An applicant for employment as a physical, occupational, or speech therapist must present acceptable evidence of licensure or authorization to test at the time of employment.
- An applicant who fails to provide this documentation will not be hired.
- A new employee will not be allowed to work as a therapist until evidence of licensure eligibility is provided.
- CPR certification required.
Physical Requirements:SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent pushing/pulling, bending and crouching.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.