Cardio Invasive Radiological Technologist
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Cardio Invasive Radiological Technologist to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Assist with performance of a variety of invasive cardiac/peripheral vascular procedures, including operating and monitoring hemodynamic equipment.
- Record and analyze stenotic lesions and be able to provide correct measurements to physician.
- Provide assistance to the physician while scrubbed in for procedures, utilizing sterile technique.
- Able to run imaging equipment to acquire diagnostic images during procedures.
- Perform daily QA and QC checks
Education: Graduate of a two year technical degree program in Radiology Technology. Previous experience in special procedures/cath lab preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and critical decision making abilities required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with patients, families, physicians and all levels of staff under varied condition.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill validation tools.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Current license from the Illinois Emergency Management Agency of Nuclear Safety and current certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT).
- Bi-annual CPR/ACLS certification required, if does not have ACLS it will be required on year from the hire date.
Physical Requirements:SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent standing and walking.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.