ED Clinical (Belvidere) Registrar
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a ED Clinical Registrar to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Greet and register Emergency Department (ED) patients presenting to ED triage area.
- Identify patients in need of immediate care by visual assessment at time of registration.
- Prioritize patient registration by severity of complaint.
- Monitor waiting area for changing patient conditions and alert triage RN the need to re-evaluate patients.
- Coordinate all communication within the Emergency Department as related to patient services.
- Perform all clerical and fiscal duties while recording and distributing patient information.
- Responsible and accountable for obtaining accurate demographics and collection of insurance information, management of patient charts, order entry, admissions, dispositions, positive customer service relations and after-hours telecommunication duties at SAMCB.
- Assume outpatient registration duties when the outpatient area is closed.
- Participate in continuous quality improvement activities and educational experiences in support of departmental and divisional nursing philosophy and objectives, as well as, Health System initiatives.
- Previous hospital experience and customer service experience is preferred.
- Good interpersonal, communication, organizational and critical decision-making skills required.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in a variety of computer applications.
- Basic arithmetic skills, and ability to sort and file alphabetically or numerically.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Must hold a current Illinois Paramedic License or successful completion of the national registry exam.
- Bi-Annual CPR certification required.
- PHTLS, ACLS & PALS certification required within 90 days of hire.
Pay:SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.