Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Genetic Counselor to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Be an experienced board certified genetic counselor role with primary responsibilities involving new and established prenatal detection and/or medical genetic cases.
- Provide genetic education, counseling, and psychological support to families who have birth defects or genetic disorders or who may be at risk for a variety of inherited conditions.
- Identify families at risk, interpret information about the disorder, analyze inheritance patterns, and review available options with the family.
- Have excellent organizational skills; including the ability to do case management, excellent ability to do literature review, assess and analyze information and document pertinent data.
- Master of Science in Genetic Counseling or related field preferred with experience in patient education, planning, management and coordination of care for patients and families in a health care setting
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill validation tools.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate will with levels within the organization and community.
- Excellent verbal, written, organizational and critical decision-making skills required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Licensed certified genetic counselor (LCGC) required.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds with frequent climbing, bending, crouching, pushing and pulling.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.