Patient Care Technician
Join the REMARKABLE team at SwedishAmerican! As a division of UW Health, we offer patients local access to many world-class specialists right here in Rockford, Illinois and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Patient Care Technician to:
- Join our world-class team of doctors, nurses and other health care professionals in providing everything from preventive health care to highly specialized programs.
- Provide quality care in a compassionate patient- and family- centered environment.
- Assist in providing patient care, under the director supervision of an RN.
- Perform selected cross-trained skills, treatments and procedures specific to department for patients, including phlebotomy, EKG and/or monitoring.
- Update RN with timely information regarding status of patient.
- Implement and assist with physical therapy functions, lifting, transferring, turning and positioning of patients, utilizing proper body mechanics.
- Replenish department and assist with necessary cleaning and maintenance.
Must provide copy of diploma/degree for highest level of education obtained.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and critical decision-making skills required.
- Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Computer experience helpful.
- Basic arithmetic skills required.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Successful completion of annual clinical, age and job specific competencies and skill verification tools required.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Certification as a Nursing Assistant or completion of fundamentals of nursing course and be registered on the Illinois Department of Health Registry or a nurse who has completed RN or LPN Training in another country and completion of EKG and Phlebotomy.
- Bi-Annual CPR certification required (renew every 2 years).
- Heart Hospital incumbents must complete BDI course within six months of hire.
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent bending, pushing and pulling.
SwedishAmerican offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Work experience that is relevant to the position will be taken into consideration when determining the starting base pay.
SwedishAmerican serving northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin communities--also a Magnet®-designated facility-- is dedicated to delivering high quality healthcare and strategies to keep our patients and their families well. In fact, quality drives all that we do. In recent years, our commitment to quality and excellence has resulted in more national awards, for quality and preference than any other health system in northern Illinois.
Learn more about our benefits at SAH
Explore SAH medical centers and clinic locations
SwedishAmerican, A division of UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.