- High School/GED
- Under direct supervision of the Chef Coordinator, the cook functions as part of the Food Production Team to produce consistently high quality food for patients, personnel, and visitors.
- Prepares entrees, starches, grill/fryer items, soups, salads, vegetables, texture-modified food according to menu and projected needs. Produces high quality products by adhering to standardized recipes, methods, and seasoning specifications. Ensures food is prepared at specified times.
- Performs advance food preparation by checking menus for anticipated needs and preparing foods in predetermined quantities.
- Uses computer as needed for food production.
- Requisitions items from storeroom based on the menu and inventories and orders fresh produce.
- Checks in deliveries ensuring proper quantity and quality and notifying leadership of any discrepancies.
- Maintains clean equipment and work area. Follows schedules for cleaning equipment and notifies leadership of equipment operating problems. Observes infection control practices at all times.
- Provides services in the cafeteria representing the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes and methods using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, knives, etc.
- Tests food being cooked to ensure doneness. Adjusts heat controls as needed. Improves flavor and texture of food by adding ingredients or seasonings
- Formal or on-the-job training in institutional quantity food production preferred.
- Six months experience desirable.
- High school diploma required.