Assists in the practice of Occupational Therapy under the direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist. Documents patient's progress per protocol.
4. Recognizes adverse responses or contradictions to therapy and reports changes to Occupational Therapist. Adjusts treatment accordingly.
6. Completes in a thorough and accurate manner and within the department specified time frame(s), progress notes/flow sheets, discharge summaries and additional required documentation (e.g. consent, staffing reports, rounds, attendance agreements, patient and family education needs assessment form).
7. Records occurrence(s) of education and/or home exercise program provided and reports patient/family return demonstration and/or comprehension of training provided.
10. Participates actively in patient staffing and /or team meetings.
11. Under the direction of the Occupational Therapist, make appropriate recommendations and referrals for additional services.
12. Consults with other professionals and/or appropriately seeks assistance from co-workers as needed.
13. Is flexible with hours of availability to meet department needs.
14. Engages patient using interpersonal dynamics to facilitate and effect therapeutic changes.
15. Participates appropriately and actively in family conferences and/or family/patient training opportunities.
16. Participates in case management needs as per requirements in individual departments.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.