NOTE: Position requires exquisite Customer Service and the ability to work with detailed orientation in an often stressful environment. Obtains accurate billing and demographic information to effectively register all patients entering Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center. Provides third party benefit verification, obtains prior authorizations, obtains valid physician orders and facilitates obtaining pre-certification for all patients. Inform patients of their estimated financial responsibility while maintaining exceptional public relations.
3. Performs job responsibilities to the highest standards and delivers "something more" that ensures a more complete and personally satisfying experience for every customer.
4. Ensures that all patients are checked in, in a timely manner, following specific departmental procedures ensuring patients have a valid physician order prior to registering patient.
5. Completes entire registration process by obtaining all required Information or verifying the pre-registered account at the point of service.
6. Obtains co-payment, insurance card copies, consent forms and any other paperwork that is required.
9. Communicates expectations and limits of insurance plans as they relate to patient's treatment plan to appropriate care providers. Works with care providers to ensure additional visits are covered prior to service.
10. Ensures appropriate authorizations/pre-certifications are in place for all registered accounts.
11. Meets productivity standards, and during low patient volume times in service areas, actively seeks other duties to meet departmental needs.
12. Ensures appropriate point of service collection by notifying patient of co-payments, deductibles, and other liability amounts during pre-registration and at the point of service.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, co-insurance, co-pays and deductibles.
This position requires a clean, neat and attractive appearance. Hair should be clean and updated in style, and should be of a natural shade. Nails should be no longer than ¼" past fingertips. Strong fragrances, excessive jewelry piercing and visible tattoos are prohibited.
Superb Customer Service skills required over the phone and in person.
Must be able to travel to all Patient Access sites.
Must be willing to participate in Continuing Education seminars as related to Patient Access.