The School of Medicine, Office of Academic Administration is currently recruiting for an Administrative Analyst (HR/Operations). The Administrative Analyst (HR/Operations) serves in the integration of the functional aspects of human resources systems and business operations. Performs human resource and financial functions related to the day-to-day operations of the School of Medicine – Office of Academic Administration. Partners with Human Resources Services, Office of Academic Affairs, and Financial Services on campus-wide initiatives.
• Manage the daily business operations of a School of Medicine – Office of Academic Administration, including payroll processing, human resource management including faculty actions and reporting.
• Identifies and assists management with process changes and oversight of faculty appointments and employment reviews/compliance with USM and UMB policies and procedures
• Partner with Human Resource Services, Office of Academic Affairs, and Financial Services on campus-wide initiatives and with senior leadership in developing faculty human resources procedures and processes.
• Apply knowledge of financial/human resources management systems applications to organization-specific needs and processes; assists in modifying functional designs to enhance functionality of reporting and tracking.
• Provide hands on support as needed in the functional areas supported by the financial/human resources. Examples of such support could include, detailed reporting, tracking faculty salaries, and other support activities as defined by the functional unit.
• Prepares and assembles statistical data and reports for use in evaluation, maintaining downloaded data to coordinate necessary computer files.
• Manages and attends to confidential matters of employment, credentialing, payroll and records management processes for the school.
• Perform such administrative duties as staff supervision, report formulation, and quality assurance.
• Assures effective use of resources within department and may supervise support staff. Researches, analyzes, and resolves special projects, requests, or questions as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Business (accounting, finance, economics, or business administration), or related field
• Three (3) years spent progressively building a background in human resource or business services with experience in a Human Resources role.
Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of financial and human resource systems applications and accepted business process and practices.
• Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information.
• Ability to communicate and support effective partnerships with operating officials and other employees.
• Skill in verbal and written communications and presentations, along with interpersonal skills for supporting conclusions and recommendations made.
• Ability to apply deductive reasoning and draw conclusions in order to solve problems and facilitate decision making processes.
• Skill in the effective use of relevant PC computer applications and financial/human resource management systems, such as BANNER or PeopleSoft.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Posting Date: 2/27/13
Filing Deadline: 3/13/13
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.