*** This is a Contractual Position ***
The University of Maryland, Baltimore, Department of Medicine, Division of Gastroenterology is currently recruiting for a Budget Analyst. The Budget Analyst is responsible for preparing, analyzing, and reporting statistical data for departmental budgets, while maintaining this information and coordinating all necessary files into a united budgetary and financial forecast.
* Examines a variety of financial statements for completeness and accuracy and conformity with fiscal policy, assisting in maintenance and reconciliation where needed.
* Performs line by line trend analyses and financial forecasts of departmental budgets.
* Prepares and assembles statistical data and reports for use in budgetary evaluation, maintaining downloaded data to coordinate necessary computer files.
* Provides technical advice and assistance to departmental faculty and managers on adherence to budget and control procedures.
* May be asked to produce and analyze sections of special projects or participate in additional departmental and administrative services as needed.
* In a department/school setting, may review past award tracking systems for compliance and accuracy of reporting and develop new systems as needed.
* In a department/school setting, meet programmatic objectives of sponsored program budgeting while adhering to grant and contract agency guidelines.
* Serves as the primary department liaison with sponsored agencies and UMB Financial affairs office in meeting post award reporting requirements.
* Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, business administration, and/or related coursework.
* 2 years of related experience.
* Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Skill in strategic and analytic thought with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
* Ability to communicate and support effective partnerships with operating officials and other employees.
* Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information.
* Skill in verbal/written communication and presentation, along with interpersonal skills for supporting conclusions and recommendations made.
* Skill in the effective use of relevant computer spreadsheet packages.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Filing Deadline: 06/28/13
Posting Date: 06/14/13
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.