The Office of Academic Affairs, Interprofessional Programs is seeking an Academic Coordinator who will perform a variety of professional and administrative duties in support of the day-to-day operations of an academic department or program.
· Designs, implements and evaluates programming plans.
· Screens applicants for fit with programming activities. Accountable for attracting the quality and diversity speakers/presenters/experts necessary for the program.
· Develops and markets a distinctive image for student program; pursues speaking engagements for relevant speakers for student programming; pursues scholarships , grants, and employment opportunities for students; and administers collaborative efforts with other universities or agencies. Expands student involvement in beneficial extracurricular including service learning.
· Researches best practices and develops or streamlines procedures for program development and operations.
· Establishes relationships with university housing and campus offices that deal with international students, VISA and ADA matters, student organizations, health, wellness and fitness to plan for and meet individualized student needs.
· Responsible for student co-curricular learning and makes qualitative decisions about makeup of effective programming and associated learning outcomes.
· Assesses student involvement and progress and responds to potential problems.
· Functions as an integral point of contact for program evaluation process including coordination of the campus labs reports to be shared with directors and senior leaders.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field (social work , psychology, student affairs, or business administration) Master's degree preferred.
· 2 years of related experience
· Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
· Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
· Skill in exercising initiative, resourcefulness, and sound judgment with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
· Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects necessary to implementing a specific organizational program.
· Skill in communicating efficiently and effectively both orally and in writing with a variety of people both internally and externally.
· Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes.
· Skill in relevant PC applications.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Posting Date: 02/13/13
Filing Deadline: 02/20/13
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.