Under the supervision of Unity Health Care's Discipline Director of Psychiatry, the Psychiatrist shall provide the Department of Corrections, Central Detention Facility and Correctional Treatment Facility, Health Services Division, comprehensive medical care as delineated by UHC. Under the general direction of the Unity Health Care Discipline Director of Psychiatry, the Psychiatrist shall provide diagnostic, prevention, and therapeutic services to inmates who are suffering from mental disorders.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Obtains clinical histories.
· Performs full range of Psychiatric services to include: examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of inmates.
· Determines tests needed, orders and interprets clinical and laboratory results.
· Assists in the development of comprehensive and therapeutic treatment plans for an assigned caseload and provides direct services based on established treatment.
· Evaluates psychotropic medication needs of inmates and recommend the appropriate treatments to inmates.
· Management of on-site crisis intervention.
· Periodically monitors records and provides appropriate feedback on clinical service delivery by the mental health team.
· Conducts peer review and quality improvement activities on a regular basis.
· Attends meetings as assigned.
· Prepares formal written reports on evaluations and recommendations for the authorized referral agencies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
· Must have current DC License, DEA, and CDS registrations.
· Graduate of an accredited Medical School and Psychiatric Residency Program.
· Board eligible or board certified in Psychiatry.
· Ability to function effectively in a collaborative, team-leadership model.