MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Medical Assistant I
· Maintains patient and Electronic Health Record (EHR) confidentiality.
· Prepares patient and EHR for provider visit, reports special problems or complaints to the provider, and assists during exam as needed.
· Accurately performs and documents basic vital signs, height, weight, chief complaint, and initiates appropriate medical and social history for adult and pediatric patients.
· Performs routine lab and patient procedures (i.e. standing orders, urine dipsticks, phlebotomy, finger/heel sticks, injections/immunizations, and EKG).
· Maintains proper cleanliness and organization of office and medical areas including proactively restocking supplies.
· Assists with processing appropriate referrals and appointments for patients, obtaining authorizations as needed, and follows up to determine if appointments were kept as scheduled.
· Communicates and assists in effective discharge of the patient.
· Follows Universal Precautions and Unity Health Care policies and procedures.
· Participates in clinic record keeping including medical and operational logs.
· Demonstrates appropriate customer service with internal and external customers.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program with diploma.
· Registered Medical Assistant certification preferred.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Current BLS + AED CPR certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
· Must successfully pass Unity Medical Assistant screening test.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
· Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
· Willingness to articulate Unity's mission through his/her work.