Under the supervision of the Health Center Director, the Environmental Services Associate provides occupational cleaning services to the Community Health Center and/or Homeless sites.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Thoroughly cleans, dusts all horizontal surfaces, vacuums, spot cleans walls, damp wipes wastebaskets, sweeps tile and mops floors in offices and lounge areas.
· Cleans and sanitizes all equipment exam rooms daily.
· In the kitchen and pantry area, cleans and dusts all horizontal surfaces, cleans sinks, counter tops, microwaves, dusts top of refrigerator.
· In corridors, cleans all water fountains, dusts frames, cleans walls, dusts baseboards.
· Maintains clean utility closet, clean hallways, telephones, trash cans, base boards, spot clean walls and doors.
· Pulls and discards trash as daily and/or needed.
· Cleans and sanitizes restrooms to include cleaning walls, partitions, urinals, toilets, countertops, mirror; removes trash, sweeps and mops floor.
· Provides deep cleaning on a scheduled basis to the community health centers and/or homeless sites.
· Adheres to OSHA standards as they relates to environmental services.
· During snow/ice season, applies ice melt on walkways.
· Consistently uses "Wet Floor" sign when mopping a spill.
· Strips and waxes tile floor every three months.
· Rotates to various clinic sites to maintain appropriate coverage on weekends.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent (e.g, GED).
· 6 month experience in environmental services in a health care setting preferred.
· Floor restoration and maintenance experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Knowledge of all phases of medical environmental services.
· Knowledge of life safety codes, OSHA standards, and regulations.
· Demonstrated experience in using good judgment in working with diverse populations.
· Ability to articulate the mission of Unity Health Care through his/her work.
Must have ability to follow a routine weekly schedule and complete items in a timely manner.
Experience working with underserved or homeless populations preferred.