The Medical Claims Processor primary duties include but are not limited to providing patient and staff support through execution of the following: registration, appointment and claims.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters claims data into the EMR system while interpreting coding and understanding medical terminology in relation to diagnoses and procedure
- Registers and analyze claims in the EMR system, including insurance verification and charge entry. Tracks and requests outstanding claims for assigned departments/facilities
- Utilizes the EMR system to run required daily/monthly/quarterly reports on charges entered.
- Records and maintains complete documentation of activity performed on accounts
- Efficiently and accurately processes all types of claims utilizing broad based product or system knowledge to ensure timely payments are generated
- Records and maintains complete documentation of activities performed on patient accounts
- Monitors claims to ensure accuracy of CPT, ICD-9, HCPCS coding
Required Education/Required Training:
- High school degree/ GED required
- Knowledge of Medical Billing and Coding, CPT and ICD-9 codes
- Minimum of one year of medical data entry, patient registration, patient billing, medical records, charge entry and customer service experience
Experience working with underserved or homeless populations preferred. * For correctional position-correctional experience- preferred but not required.