Under the supervision of the Health Center Director, the Patient Registration Clerk performs patient registration, schedules appointments, instructs and assists clients with regard to completing paperwork and clinic procedures, answers and directs all phone calls, maintains a professional and confidential working environment. The Patient Registration Clerk assists trained staff where needed and use of initiative, sound judgment and communication skills to enable efficient and effective use of the clinic and its resources.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Controls the flow of patients in and out of the clinic.
· Performs necessary registration functions to include insurance verifications, updating demographic information, and emergency contact information.
· Serves as both a receptionist and liaison between patients, teammates, and staff.
· Reviews all client related forms for accuracy and completeness of information, assisting the client where necessary.
· Maintains a clean, organized, and safe working environment.
· Maintains files and/or client database.
· Schedules appointments, records information, and effectively communicates appointment schedule to client.
· Measures key metrics important for advanced access.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of one year of experience in an office setting, preferably a medical office setting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Strong customer service background.
· Knowledge of medical terminology and insurances.
· Basic knowledge of health insurance plans such as Medicare and Medicaid preferred.
· Good oral, written, and telephone communication skills; Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
· Ability to work independently or in a team oriented environment and interrelate well with individuals with diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and needs.
· Basic working knowledge of computers.
· Typing 40 WPM preferred.