The Assistant Health Center Director (AHCD) is responsible for assisting the Health Center Director with the day-to-day operations of the health center.
· Provides leadership and general direction to Unity staff on a daily basis with an emphasis on the registration and appointment staff and the medical records staff.
· Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates registration and medical records processes that impact the day-to-day operations.
· Facilitates the patient flow process for the health center.
· Handles patient complaints and resolves in a timely manner.
· Collaborates with administrative staff to provide general services of maintenance and housekeeping.
· Assists in the maintenance of provider schedules, staff time and attendance records, and office inventory and supply control.
· Assists the Health Center Director in on-going evaluation of staff and services and in future planning.
· Assists the Health Center Director in developing an orientation process and provides orientation to new staff and volunteers.
· Provides coverage at the Center's front desk as needed.
· Assumes responsibility for the collection and accuracy of encounter forms.
· Conducts surveys and prepares reports to measure outcomes.
· Prepares minutes and summaries of meetings.
· Identifies problems and issues within all sections of the health center and provides the Health Center Director with independent assessments and recommendations for improvement.
· Attends internal meetings (e.g. Monthly Operations Meeting), as assigned.
· Represents Unity Health Care by attending external meetings, seminars, and functions as assigned.
· Promotes a positive, professional atmosphere in and between the Unity Health centers.
· Promotes occupational health and safety within Unity Health Care.
· Assists with the supervision of the Health Center staff.
· Maintains strict confidentiality.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred.
· Minimum of two years of supervisory experience preferred (preferably in an office practice).
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Experience with underserved population or other special needs populations.
· Experience in working in a nonprofit primary care ambulatory health center or the equivalent.
· Demonstrated experience in using good judgment in working with diverse populations.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize activities.
· Ability to articulate the mission of Unity Health Care through his/her work.