Job Summary: The Physician-Pediatrics is primarily responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, counseling, and continued comprehensive health care of UHC patients, as appropriate. Required Education/Required Training: Graduate of an accredited school of Medicine. Licensed or eligibility as an MD in DC, a DC Controlled Substance Number, and a Federal DEA Number, Dispensing certificate, CPR certification and other applicable statuses which addresses the provision of medical and medically related services in DC. All Licenses held must be current and retained in good standing. Required Experience: Minimum 2 years experience (post Board eligibility requirements) in a position where clinical experience was gained, one of which training and/or experience in a related administrative position was done in a similar health service organization. Must have a minimum of at least 2 hospital privileges in the District of Columbia. Experience working with underserved or homeless populations preferred. * For correctional position-correctional experience- preferred but not required.
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, the Physician in his/her designated specialty is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, counseling, and continued comprehensive health care of Unity Health Care patients, as appropriate. By the very nature of the profession, the level of assignment will call for a maximum degree of knowledge, professional judgment and ingenuity. This position has virtually no built in limits, except for the specialty area in which assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Clinical Practice, medical, or direct service to patients involving the performance of diagnostic, preventive,
therapeutic and maintenance services:
- Obtains clinical histories.
· Conducts physical examinations and evaluations as appropriate.
· Determines tests needed, and orders and interprets clinical and laboratory results.
· Makes diagnoses and prescribes therapeutic measures to include:
b. Nursing Needs;
d. Nutritional Needs, etc.
· Encourages personal health maintenance with preventive aspects of medicine, through health counseling.
- Performs emergency treatment.
· Performs disability evaluations and rating of claims for compensation pension, etc.
· Refers patients to hospitals for admission and follow-up when needed and accepts referrals from other Specialists/Providers of Unity Health Care medical team.
· Performs other medically related services as required.
Teaching & Training
Aids in the administration of medical programs including direction, integration, coordination and evaluation of training activities for medical students, medical residents, etc. Also, gives guidance to Nurses and Physician Assistants; Participates in continuing education and in-service programs including conferences relating to patient care; Serves as a member of the Quality Improvement Committee or other committees as needed.
WORKS CLOSELY WITH
Medical Director, Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurses, Medical Assistants, Dentists, and other Health Care Providers and specialists, Unity Health Care patients, other Washington Area Health Care Agencies and Hospitals as appropriate and required, Medical Records Units and Staff, other members of Unity Health Care management and staff as appropriate, Washington area laboratories as required, and others as appropriate.
· Graduate of an accredited school of medicine.
· Must have a current license to practice in the District of Columbia.
· Board eligible or board certified by the American Boards in the specialty service.
· At least two (2) years of experience (post Board eligibility requirements) in a position where clinical experience was gained, one of which training and/or experience in a related administrative position was done in a similar health service organization.
· Admitting privileges with at least one (1) hospital.
· Must be willing to accept "on call" duties on a regular rotation.
· Must have a current CDS and DEA number.