Under the supervision of the Health Center Director, the Nurse Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating nursing processes for the health center. The Nurse Manager must be skilled in completing nursing assessments and performing routine nursing procedures. The Nurse Manager models adherence to the policy and procedures, as well as commitment to quality care, and is responsible for the overall functioning of the nursing/medical assistant staff. Partnering with HCD they strive to serve patients in a timely manner and work to promote flow through the health center in a patient-centered and efficient manner.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Collaborates with the health center management team to assure quality care is provided.
· Develops, implements, and evaluates nursing processes to assure quality of care while promoting positive patient flow.
· Assists the Medical Director and Health Center Director in developing, implementing, and evaluating quality improvement functions.
· Provides supervision to the RN, LPN, MA, NA at the health center.
· Assists the Dental Director with the supervision of the Dental Assistants.
· Coordinates daily, weekly, monthly schedules and assignments of the nursing staff.
· Manages the new nurse employee site orientation.
· Manages the annual competency assessment.
· Provides on-going performance evaluations of nursing staff.
· Works with the Triage nurse to assure appropriate disposition of patients with urgent needs.
· Manages the nursing patient flow assuring that it adheres to the established time frame.
· Develops, implements, and evaluates educational offering for nursing staff.
· Provides direct patient care as appropriate to insure smooth operation of the health center.
· Coordinates the Vaccine Program for the Health Center.
· Coordinates lab functions at the health center.
· Oversees the daily and weekly clinical log checks.
· Manages the floor stock medication at the Health Center.
· Manages the annual emergency training (in collaboration with Medical-Clinical Leadership).
· Serves as the on site nursing liaison for EMR.
· Manages the annual infection control competency assessment.
· Functions as the nursing liaison to other departments, services, and outside agencies on behalf of the health center.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (BSN preferred).
· At least 3 years of recent clinical experience in medical surgical, emergency care, ICU or urgent care preferred.
· At least 2 years of management experience.
· Current CPR certification.
· Licensed or eligibility as RN in DC.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to articulate Unity's mission through his/her work.
· Experience with underserved population or other special needs populations.
· Demonstrated experience in using good judgment in working with diverse populations.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize activities.