MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Obtains clinical histories.
· Performs full range of psychiatric services to include: examination, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of patients.
· Determines tests needed, orders and interprets clinical and laboratory results.
· Assists the in the development of comprehensive and therapeutic treatment plans for an assigned caseload and provides direct services based on established treatment.
· Evaluates psychotropic medication needs of UHC patients and recommend the appropriate treatments to patients.
· Manages on-site crisis intervention.
· Periodically monitors, records, and provides appropriate feedback on clinical service delivery by the mental health team.
· Conduct peer review and quality improvement activities on a regular basis.
· Attends meetings as assigned.
· Prepares formal written reports on evaluations and recommendations for the authorized referral agencies.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
· Nurse Practitioner degree in Psychiatry from an accredited institution, and current DC Licensure required.
· Must have Federal DEA and District CDS certificates.