The Health Center Director II is responsible for, but not limited to, coordination of the daily activities of the various clinical departments within the Health Centers. The Health Center Director II is responsible for the daily operations of a clinical site, including direct supervision of all administrative and clinical personnel working at the assigned site.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Provides leadership and general direction to Unity staff on a daily basis.
· Actively participates in the daily operations of the health center when necessary.
· Handles all patient complaints and serves as the site's primary troubleshooter and problem solver.
· Oversees patient and staff flow and makes recommendations to maximize efficiency and effectiveness of Health Center processes.
· Develops processes to assure that Health Center productivity requirements are met monthly.
· Analyzes productivity and develops strategies as necessary.
· Collaborates with various UHC department managers such as facilities, materials management, etc. to assure patient related issues are identified and resolved and maintain OSHA standards.
· Maintains health center related information such as advance access metrics, health center schedules, provider schedules, time and attendance records, and inventory and supply control.
· Participates in on-going evaluation of staff and services and in future planning.
· Develops a health center specific orientation and provides orientation to new staff and volunteers.
- Assumes responsibility for financial components such as developing and monthly monitoring of the budget, petty cash disbursements and reconciliation, in addition to completing check requests for staff reimbursements.
· Develops processes to assure that any outstanding encounters at the health center are resolved within an established time frame. Maintains outstanding encounters at less than 10% of the average monthly volume.
· Meets with members of the community, local interest groups, or local politicians in relation to the organization and/or services provided when directed by Vice President of Clinical Administration.
· Ensures accurate and timely submission of all required reports and appropriate documentation.
· In conjunction with the Medical Director and Nurse Manager, develops implements and evaluates a health center specific quality improvement plan.
· Promotes a positive, professional atmosphere in and between the Unity Health Centers.
- Promotes occupational health and safety within Unity Health Care.
- Conducts monthly staff meetings to maintain bi-directional information and communication
- Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree in Health Care Administration, Public Health, Nursing or other related field strongly preferred. (Equivalent years of experience considered.)
· Minimum of three years of supervisory experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
· Strong administrative experience.
· Experience with underserved population or other special needs populations preferred.
· Experience in working in a nonprofit primary care ambulatory health center or the equivalent.
· Demonstrated experience in using good judgment in working with diverse populations.
· Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks.
· Ability to articulate the mission of Unity Health Care through his/her work.
· Proven results in Project Management.