The Nurse Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating nursing processes for the health center. The Nurse Manager must be skilled in completing nursing assessments and performing routine nursing procedures. The Nurse Manager models adherence to the policy and procedures, as well as commitment to quality care, and is responsible for the overall functioning of the nursing/medical assistant staff. Partnering with Health Center Director, they strive to serve patients in a timely manner and work to promote flow through the health center in a patient-centered and efficient manner.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (BSN preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of recent clinical experience in medical surgical, emergency care, ICU or urgent care preferred
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Current CPR certification
- Licensed or eligibility as Registered Nurse in DC
Experience working with underserved or homeless populations preferred. * For correctional position-correctional experience- preferred but not required.