MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Certified Medical Assistant III
In addition to MA II:
· Participates in chart audit completion.
· Collaborates with HCD and Nurse Manager on a daily basis for center operations and problem solving, and demonstrates the ability to resolve problems.
· Monitors and facilitates a positive patient flow.
· Functions in various departments of the health center.
· Serves as a resource for nursing leadership providing input and participating in pilot-projects.
· Acts as a preceptor for newly hired nursing staff members
· Serves as the Infection Control Coordinator for team/Center.
· Assists in the QI site audit process.
· Graduate of accredited Medical Assistant program with diploma.
· Registered Medical Assistant certification preferred.
· High school diploma or GED.
· Current BLS + AED CPR certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THE POSITION
· Must successfully pass Unity Medical Assistant screening test.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
· Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
· Willingness to articulate Unity's mission through his/her work.