The DOC Quality Improvement Coordinator will lead the quality improvement (QI) program and activities at Unity's correctional health care sites at the DC Department of Corrections (DOC). The person will be responsible for developing QI plans, monitoring the plan implementation and activities, collecting progress and results, and creating written data and narrative reports.
Additionally, the DOC Quality Improvement Coordinator will:
· Serve as an administrative resource to health services staff by leading, facilitating, and
advising internal and organization wide Quality Improvement teams and activities.
· Develop and perform monthly audits, as appropriate, to provide feedback to staff and
provide various data for required reports.
· Collect and compile data for monthly and other regular reporting related to the DOC
contract requirements and operational needs.
· Oversee the inmate grievance program, investigates grievances, and prepares written
reports as required.
· Oversee and coordinate collection and compilation of documentation for the accreditation
and regulatory processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Health Care or Business Administration field, with a Master's degree preferred.Licensure as an LPN or RN a plus. Correctional experience and/or certification as a Certified Correctional Health Professional preferred. Minimum of 2-5 years of supervisory experience. Minimum of 2-5 years of public health or quality improvement experience. Minimum of 2-5 years of writing experience.
- Must have moderate-level of experience with a variety of software packages (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite and/or a Statistical Package).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Must have professional knowledge of quality improvement and data reporting principles and practices. Must have knowledge of federal and state regulations, and accreditation standards.
Must have skills in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating project plans. Must also have skills in data collection, analysis and data presentation. Must have the ability to identify potential and actual problems and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills and problem solving skills and able to work independently and accurately completing multiple assignments under the tight deadlines in a fast paced environment. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and work collaboratively with professional and support staff across all disciplines.