· Coordinates and facilitates adolescent family planning and reproductive health education workshops.
· Conducts one-on-one family planning/reproductive health education and counseling with patients and workshop participants.
· Conducts outreach activities and care coordination care in tandem with SBHC staff and/or members of the Family Planning Team to promote optimal patient access to care.
· Documents patient information in electronic medical records per policy and standards. Maintains and reports accurate and up-to-date records in a timely manner.
· Maintains additional databases (e.g. the Pregnancy Prevention Database) as assigned.
· Reports workshop participant data as required for internal quality improvement activities and/or Grants Management requirements.
· Develops and provides input on budgets, workshops and monitors monthly expenses in communication with Grants Management and Finance departments.
· Develops and maintains family planning and reproductive health education materials and resources for SBHCs in partnership with the Family Planning Team.
· Assists with training and staff development regarding family planning and reproductive health education and services.
· Provides technical assistance to case managers in developing, coordinating and facilitating family planning and reproductive health education.
· Maintains the School-based Screening Program (SBSP) schedule for the school year and assists with in-school treatment days as needed
· Serves as an outreach liaison to students, teachers, parents and the larger community with regard to family planning and reproductive health education activities and services available at the SBHCs and Unity Health Care. This may include but is not limited to attending health fairs, parent-teacher conferences, back-to-school nights, health education workshops for parents and school staff meetings as assigned.
· Bachelor's degree required, proficiency in Spanish
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Highly motivated, independent worker who is interested in learning about the operation of a school-based health center and doing hands-on outreach work with the patient population at the center.
· Experience working with adolescents or desire to work with adolescents.