Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager, the Registered Nurse is capable of providing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care. The Staff Nurse may supervise the medical assistant staff when indicated. The incumbent must be skilled in completing nursing assessments and performing routine nursing procedures (such as venipuncture, IV insertion and triage of patients).
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
· Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the care of the patient. Works with the health center provider in developing and implementing a treatment plan for the patients.
· Works with the medical assistant staff to ensure that the Health Center maintains a positive patient flow of less than 1.5 hours (CHC).
· Assures that nursing documentation not limited to flow sheets, intake sheets, and VAR are completed per policy and standards.
· Reviews the documentation of the Medical Assistant staff on a routine basis to assure the documentation is appropriate and timely.
· Develops and implements an orientation plan for new patients and employees to the unit.
· Performs primary nursing procedures .
· Ensures that medical care and follow up are planned and documented and that all requested for referral services are completed for each patient.
· Coordinates the quality control checks for the glucometers and any other waive testing.
· Works with the Nurse Manager and Medical Assistant III to ensure compliance with infection control.
· Provides discharge instruction to patients.
· Works with various departments to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local health care regulations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· DC license as RN.
· Current CPR certification.
· Graduate of an accredited school of nursing (PN, AAS, BSN).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
· Minimum of two years of recent acute care experience in medical surgical, emergency care, or urgent care.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.