The Physician- Dermatologist is responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, counseling, and continued comprehensive health care of Unity Health Care patients, as appropriate. By the very nature of the profession, the level of assignment will call for a maximum degree of knowledge, professional judgment and ingenuity. This position has virtually no built in limits, except for the specialty area in which assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Clinical Practice, medical, or direct service to patients involving the performance of diagnostic, preventive,
therapeutic and maintenance services:
- Obtains clinical histories.
· Conducts physical examinations and evaluations as appropriate.
· Determines tests needed, and orders and interprets clinical and laboratory results.
· Makes diagnoses and prescribes therapeutic measures to include:
b. Nursing Needs;
d. Nutritional Needs, etc.
· Encourages personal health maintenance with preventive aspects of medicine, through health counseling.
- Performs emergency treatment.
· Performs disability evaluations and rating of claims for compensation pension, etc.
· Refers patients to hospitals for admission and follow-up when needed and accepts referrals from other Specialists/Providers of Unity Health Care medical team.
· Performs other medically related services as required.
Teaching & Training
Aids in the administration of medical programs including direction, integration, coordination and evaluation of training activities for medical students, medical residents, etc. Also, gives guidance to Nurses and Physician Assistants; Participates in continuing education and in-service programs including conferences relating to patient care; Serves as a member of the Quality Improvement Committee or other committees as needed.
· Graduate of an accredited school of medicine.
· Must have a current license to practice in the District of Columbia.
· Board eligible or board certified by the American Boards in the specialty service.
· At least two (2) years of experience (post Board eligibility requirements) in a position where clinical experience was gained, one of which training and/or experience in a related administrative position was done in a similar health service organization.
· Admitting privileges with at least one (1) hospital.
· Must be willing to accept "on call" duties on a regular rotation.
· Must have a current CDS and DEA number.