The Patient Scheduling Clerk performs patient registration, schedules appointments, instructs and assists clients with regard to appropriate scheduling protocols/clinic procedures, answers and directs all phone calls, maintains a professional and confidential working environment. The Patient Scheduling Clerk assists trained staff where needed and uses initiative, sound judgment, and communication skills to enable efficient and effective use of the Scheduling Center and its resources.
Major Duties and Essential Functions:
- Schedules appointments, records information, and effectively communicates appointment schedule to patients.
- Controls the flow of calls that are presented on the Zeacom desktop application
- Performs necessary registration functions to include registering a new patient as well as verifies current demographic information in eClinicalWorks
- Updates demographic information, emergency contact information, and "other" information as dictated.
Required Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of one year of experience in an office setting, preferably a medical office setting
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurances
- Bilingual: English/Spanish preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of computers
- Typing 40 WPM preferred.
Experience working with underserved or homeless populations preferred. * For correctional position-correctional experience- preferred but not required.