Under the supervision of the Nurse Manager and Health Center Director, the RN Care Manager works with diverse populations with multifaceted needs. The incumbent will serve as a planner, advocate, broker, and record keeper for the patients of UHC. This individual will also be responsible for providing nursing care and program administration, as well as continued nursing assessments and routine nursing procedures.
· Assists patients in following through with established treatment plans.
· Coordinates care for patients in collaboration with plans.
· Coordinates follow up of care.
· Develops a working, therapeutic relationship with patients; initiates the intake process of patients.
· Works with care team (Physician, FNP, Medical Assistant, registration staff, health information and data entry staff) to assure that the patient receives appropriate and timely care and follow-up.
· Communicates to other team members regarding the status of patients' social and mental health needs.
· Assesses and evaluates problems related to chronic or acute conditions such as cardiovascular, diabetes, infant mortality, and asthma as they arise.
· Provides appropriate health education to patients routinely and as needed.
· Develops effective treatment plans, identifying, activating, and linking patients to support networks (i.e., family, social, treatment programs, services, emergency assistance); serves as advocate/liaison on patients behalf, and alleviates environmental stressors when possible.
· Monitors patients use of health center services and the adequateness and effectiveness of the services utilized, including patient flow.
· Provides required weekly/monthly data collection reports as required through an electronic or manual system.
· Participates in professional development opportunities and attends staff/team meetings as deemed necessary.
· Documents in medical records per policy and standards. Maintains accurate and up-to-date records in a timely manner.
· Develops processes and/or assist with referral processes.
· Assists with supervision and delegation of duties of other nursing staff members (LPNs, MAs).
· Performs routine nursing procedures such as intake, triage, injections, and emergency care.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing (RN).
· Current DC License.
· One year recent experience in a hospital or ambulatory health care setting preferred.
· Current CPR Certification.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
? Ability to supervise and to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
? Excellent people and communication skills.
? Must be well organized, flexible and action oriented.