Title: Internal Medicine Hospitalist.
Schedule: Full-time, daytime shifts.
Location: Historic Arlington, Virginia, 15 minutes from downtown Washington DC.
Compensation: Competitive base salary plus generous bonus incentives. Teaching attending opportunities are also available and compensated.
Requirements: Board eligibility or certification in Internal Medicine and the completion of an appropriate residency program. Completion of Medical Doctorate (MD) or Doctorate of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) is required.
We are seeking an outstanding BC/BE Internal Medicine Hospitalist to join our Hospitalist team of 20 doctors that are members of the Virginia Hospital Center Physician Group. Our Hospitalists practice at Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is located in Arlington, Virginia, 15 minutes from downtown Washington, DC.
- As a Hospitalist at VHC, you will enjoy the benefits of being a hospital employee and part of a multispecialty group comprised of 100+ members including Primary Care Physicians and a wide range of specialists.
- Excellent clinical and interpersonal skills are required as well as the desire to be part of a team that functions at the highest level.
- Our highly competitive compensation package includes an excellent base salary plus comprehensive bonus incentives.
- We promote a healthy work-life balance to include flexible working hours and offer a generous benefit package including malpractice coverage, health insurance, life, disability, 401K match, generous CME, loan repayment assistance, relocation assistance (if applicable), as well as other benefits.
- Part-time positions are also available as is a Nocturnist position entailing fewer shifts and a night differential.
- Click here to learn more about VHC, or click on this link to visit our website https://www.vhcphysiciangroup.com/careers/for-physicians/.
- Our hospital environment is one of clinical excellence.
- As a hospital-employed physician you will have the full support of the administration including John R. Garrett, MD, FACS, Director of Physician Operations for VHC Physician Group, VHC's Chief of Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, and Chairman of the Virginia Hospital Center Health System's Board of Directors.
- Administration understands that keeping the patient load reasonable for its hospitalists is essential to realizing the full benefits of our hospitalist program.
- Our outstanding medical staff includes the full gamut of subspecialty consultants, including 24/7 in-house intensivist support.
- Georgetown University Hospital house staff rotate through our hospital and are available to see our patients as requested.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is a top Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2017, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is a 394-bed, licensed, all-private room Hospital.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested and qualified candidates should send a letter of interest and copy of their CV to Andrea Bell, Sr. Physician Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Terms: Northern Virginia, Hospitalist, Internal Medicine, No VA, Washington DC Metro region, nocturnist, acute care, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, NP, PA