Purpose and Scope:
The Assistant Patient Care Director is responsible for direction of the nursing unit (s) in coordination with the Patient Care Director in concert with the goals of that unit according to the philosophy of the Division of Patient care Services. Assistant Patient Care Directors have clinical and some administration responsibilities to the unit on a daily basis. The responsibility includes unit administration, direct nursing care and coordinating activities with ancillary departments. The Assistant Patient Care Director reports to the Patient Care Director. An advanced competency level, knowledge of the nursing process, and consistently meeting or exceeding all criteria of the staff nurse performance appraisal tool is expected of assistant patient care directors.
I. Position Requirements:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- At least one year relevant nursing experience and demonstrated leadership ability.
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing is strongly preferred.
- Certification in the clinical specialty areas preferred
Key search words: Assistant Nurse Manager, Nursing Leadership, Medical Surgical Nursing, Surgical Nursing, Neurosurgical