Purpose and Scope:
The OR Assistant is responsible for the materials, equipment, instruments and supplies in Operating Room. He/she is responsible for the fiscal management of the department, through a constant vigilance in maintaining established par levels on supplies, and materials. Maintains a working knowledge of the OR Perpetual inventory.
Responsible for preparing case carts and must be able to operate sterilization equipment as necessary. Must have a working knowledge of aseptic technique and maintains the standards of the Guest Relations Policy; and assisting in other areas as requested such as room turnovers, and other clinical duties. Participate in the training and in-service programs for staff. Assumes responsibility and accountability at all times for quality performance.
I. Position Requirements:
• High school graduate required or equivalent.
• Must be BLS certified.
• Good verbal and written skills in English.
• Must be able to follow written and oral assignments and requests in English.
• Must have good basic math skills, including manual addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
• Ability to use computer.
• Must have good communication skills and observe proper telephone etiquette.
• Must have good customer service skills.
• Some materials management experience or related Operating Room Experience preferred.
• Must be able to demonstrate appropriate aptitude to learn the job.
• Must be able to learn all aspect of the position within 90 days from the date