Title: Clinical Coordinator - Respiratory
Location: Arlington, VA
Compensation: Competitive base salary
Purpose and Scope:
In addition to providing patient care, the Clinical Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the daily patient flow through the department and supervising the delivery of respiratory care on each shift. He or she will perform a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative. He or she will perform multiple clinical and coordination tasks with a high degree of competency.
This position requires knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures relevant to the delivery of clinical care.
- Licensed as a Respiratory Therapist by the Virginia Department of Health Professions
- BLS Certification
- ACLS Certification to be obtained within 6 months
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Bachelor's Respiratory Therapy Preferred
- Minimum Five years Respiratory experience required
- Minimum One year supervisory experience preferred
Awards & Recognition
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Earning the 2016 Top Hospital award from the Leapfrog Group for excellence in hospital safety and quality for the second year in a row, VHC consistently achieves the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is the largest Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2016, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is a 350-bed, all-private room Hospital.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
- We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.