Title: Registered Nurse, Labor & Delivery
Schedule: Permanent Part-Time
Location: Arlington, VA
Compensation: Competitive base salary
- RN Licensure with reciprocity in the state of Virginia
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for the Healthcare Provider CPR
- Minimum 1 year of Labor & Delivery Nursing experience preferred
Virginia Hospital Center is an independent and progressive, 342-bed not-for-profit teaching hospital in Arlington, VA. Part of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, our progressive acute care facility has achieved Magnet ® Recognition and been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for the 3rd consecutive year!
This permanent part time Labor & Delivery Nurse (RN, L&D) will join us in our modern 16-bed unit with 3 C-section OR's for laboring women. Duties include seeing high risk pregnancies.
Every Day Is A Happy Birth Day! Last year, 4,915 babies were delivered at Virginia Hospital Center, including 72 sets of twins--making every day a happy birth day!
Awards and Recognitions
- Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Earning the 2016 Top Hospital award from the Leapfrog Group for excellence in hospital safety and quality for the second year in a row, VHC consistently achieves the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is the largest Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2016, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is a 350-bed, all-private room Hospital.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.