Title: Registered Nurse - Medical/Renal
Location: Arlington, VA
Compensation: Competitive base salary
Requirements: RN license with Reciprocity in the state of Virginia, BLS for the Healthcare Provider CPR, Med/Surg experience with emphasis on care of the patient with aleration in renal function preferred
SUMMARY Medical floor unit with Renal Sub-Specialty. Patients range from young adult to geriatric. Diagnostic related illnesses that are treated on the unit include acute and chronic renal failure, cellulitis, pancreatitis and diabetes. Patients receive medical and surgical intervention, as well as CAPD and hemodialysis. Nurses on this unit work closely with interdisciplinary team members to provide effective and holistic care in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Patient-centered care in a supportive team environment
- Great group of innovative nurses!
- Fast-paced unit with interesting range of patients
- Many opportunities for personal & professional growth
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Earning the 2016 Top Hospital award from the Leapfrog Group for excellence in hospital safety and quality for the second year in a row, VHC consistently achieves the highest levels of patient satisfaction.
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is the largest Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2016, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC is a 350-bed, all-private room Hospital.