The Staff Development Specialist is involved in the training and professional development of staff at all levels of the organization. This position requires knowledge of both department and hospital policies and procedures as well as standard practice guidelines and regulatory requirements. Interpretive skills, frequent interactive and consultative associations, along with management and supervisory skills are inherent in the position. The ability to retrieve, communicate or otherwise present information in a written, auditory or visual fashion is essential. As a Staff Development Specialist, you will have the chance to do challenging, career-enhancing work in an atmosphere where you are valued and provided opportunities for growth. This position will be responsible to Educate and Coordinate new Patient Care Assistant training classes, as well as other programs. You will have opportunities to develop education programs to encourage growth of staff.
- Certification in specialty preferred. Must be obtained within 12 months of hire.
- Current Virginia license to practice professional nursing required.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required, Master's preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a CVICU setting preferred.
- Active membership in at least one professional organization related to specialty preferred.
- Current BLS certification required; BLS instructor preferred.