Virginia Hospital Center Named One of the Nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals has a PRN opportunity within our Cardiovascular Surgery Department for a Nurse Practitioner First Assistant. The position will offer a broad range of responsibilities.
· The NP First Assistant renders direct patient care as part of the perioperative role by assisting the surgeon in the surgical treatment of the patient. This is accomplished under the direct supervision of the Attending Surgeon and in accordance to the goals of the department of Cardiovascular Surgery. Relocation assistance is available.
· Able to demonstrate an advanced level of medical and nursing knowledge, clinical and technical competency, sound clinical judgment, and professionalism as it relates to interpersonal and general communication skills, timely and compliant documentation, and takes responsibility for ongoing professional development and competency validation.
· Graduation from an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with current licensure to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in the Commonwealth of Virginia
· Two years previous clinical nursing experience preferred
· ACLS is required.
· It is preferred a minimum of 1 year of Surgical First Assist experience with demonstrated leadership ability.
- As a hospital-employed provider you will have the full support of the administration including John R. Garrett, MD, FACS, Director of Physician Operations for VHC Physician Group, VHC's Chief of Cardiac, Vascular and Thoracic Surgery, and Chairman of the Virginia Hospital Center Health System's Board of Directors.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Virginia Hospital Center (VHC) is a nationally recognized Hospital and teaching facility that has been delivering the highest quality care to the Washington, DC metropolitan area for over 70 years.
- Located in Arlington, VA, VHC is the only Hospital in the mid-Atlantic region that is a proud member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network (a national network of independent healthcare organizations).
- VHC is a top Hospital in the region that was named a Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services Four-Star Hospital, and is also designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
- In 2017, VHC earned the Distinguished Hospital Clinical Excellence Award and the Outstanding Patient Experience Award from HealthGrades.
- VHC was recently recognized in Becker's Healthcare "150 Top Places to Work in Healthcare | 2018."
- VHC is a 394-bed, licensed, all-private room Hospital.
- Arlington is home to the Pentagon and the Arlington National Cemetery.
- Fairfax and Arlington Counties continues to attract families who enjoy living near D.C. but desire a suburban lifestyle.
- Fairfax County has some of the highest ranking schools in the nation according to U.S. News and World Reports.
- Arlington County also offers outstanding schools - about 91 percent of all graduating high school seniors in Arlington go on to attend college.
- Northern Virginia has many recreational and community amenities including: over 89 miles of biking/jogging trails, 167 public parks, approximately 14 community centers, 7 live stage theaters, 8 libraries, and 652 restaurants.
- Whether you choose to live in Arlington County, Fairfax County, or in any of the other great areas in the DC area, you will have little problem in finding a location that is right for you.
We look forward to hearing from qualified candidates interested in joining us in a highly collegial environment where the patient is at the center of what we do.
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested and qualified candidates must complete the online application and psychometric assessment. In addition to completing the application and assessment candidates can also send a copy of their CV to Andrea Bell, Director Physician Services Recruitment at email@example.com.
Search Terms: Northern Virginia, Nurse Practitioner, Cardiology, Virginia Hospital Center, No VA, Washington DC Metro region,