Purpose and Scope:
The Assistant Patient Care Director is responsible for direction of the 8B/Medical-Stroke unit in coordination with the Patient Care. Assistant Patient Care Directors have clinical and administrative responsibilities to the unit on a daily basis. The responsibility includes unit administration, direct nursing care and coordinating activities with ancillary departments. An advanced competency level and knowledge of the nursing process is necessary to perform the duties of the APCD.
8B is a 24-bed medical/stroke unit specializing in care of the neuroscience patients. All patient rooms are private. This team-oriented unit handles a wide variety of medical and neurological disorders including CVA, TIA, brain tumors, multiple sclerosis, seizures, cerebral aneurysms, Parkinson's disease and subdural/intracerebral hemorrhages.
VHC is certified as a Primary Stroke Center through the Joint Commission, with 7A being the designated Stroke Unit.
I. Position Requirements:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- At least one year relevant nursing experience and demonstrated leadership ability.
- A baccalaureate degree in nursing is strongly preferred.
- Certification in the clinical specialty areas is preferred.