The Best Just Keeps Getting Better
Virginia Hospital Center is an independent and progressive, 350-bed not-for-profit teaching hospital in Arlington, VA. Part of the Mayo Clinic Care Network, our progressive acute care facility has achieved Magnet ® Recognition and been named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics for the 3rd consecutive year!
Virginia Hospital Center offers a flexible schedule that encourages a healthy, balanced life. Access to affordable, comprehensive medical coverage options, as well as many other great benefits.
Purpose and Scope:
As a Clinical Nurse Educator, you will have the chance to do challenging, career-enhancing work in an atmosphere where you are valued and provided opportunities for growth. As an expert clinician, the Nurse Educator will collaborate with nurses, physicians, house staff and ancillary services to coordinate and implement a health plan for a designated patient population. Develop education growth of nursing staff and career progression including professional certification. Constantly seeks opportunities for department improvement.
I. Position Requirements:
- Certification in specialty preferred
- Current Virginia license to practice professional nursing.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- At least four years of recent clinical practice in area of specialty.
- Active membership in at least one professional organization related to specialty.
- Current BLS certification; BLS instructor preferred.