Nursing Student Scholarship Program
A scholarship program designed to support nursing students in BSN or higher programs who will commit to working at Virginia Hospital Center after graduation for a minimum of two years (3744 hours).
Up to $5000 (depending upon assessed tuition).
Applications must be submitted no later than January 24, 2019.
- Full-Time Nursing Students of an accredited Bachelors Degree Nursing Program (or higher) with a graduation date of May 2019 (or students who have completed at least 1 clinical rotation).
- 3.0 Grade Point Average for the previous two full semesters or 30-36 academic credits. Transcripts from current nursing program must be submitted. A transcript from the student's high school must be submitted for a newly enrolled student..
- Written commitment to work at Virginia Hospital Center for a minimum of two years (3744 hours) following graduation for each $5,000 or portion thereof received.
- Written agreement to respond to inquiries regarding academic progress including official transcripts covering academic work since the scholarship award.
- The scholarship recipient must take licensing exam at the first available date following graduation.
- Employment as a Registered Nurse at Virginia Hospital Center should begin at the first available new graduate program following obtaining nursing licensure.
- Employment will be offered based on positions available at the time of the student's graduation. If there are no positions available, or if the Hospital is unable to offer a position, the obligation to the Hospital will be considered satisfied. The money awarded would not have to be repaid.
- Scholarship recipients who do not fulfill their commitment to be employed, or do not complete their academic program are required to repay scholarship funds. Monies will be due in full within three months of graduation, or withdraw from the nursing program.
Please complete online application for employment titled "Nursing Student Scholarship" (found on virginiahospitalcenter.com) no later than January 24th, 2019.
If selected for further consideration, you will be contacted by recruitment regarding further steps. This will include submitting the following required documents (which will be due January 24, 2019):
Ø Nursing Student Scholarship form
Ø Statement of your future goals and why you are applying for this scholarship
Ø Two letters of recommendation from clinical instructors
Ø Transcript from your nursing program (official or unofficial)
Ø Online application for employment titled "Nursing Student Scholarship" (found on virginiahospitalcenter.com)
Deadline: January 24, 2019
Please deliver electronically to: Nursing Recruitment
*Please make subject line: "Nursing Scholarship"
OR, hand-deliver to: Nursing Recruitment
Virginia Hospital Center
1715 N. George Mason Drive Suite 108
Arlington, Virginia 22205 – 3698