Director of Risk Management
Creating the best outcomes for our patients requires the right people. At Virginia Hospital Center, our staff exceeds expectations by performing at the top-level of the profession.
Virginia Hospital Center is a strong advocate for its employees and provides a true collaborative environment in which the healthcare team works closely together, bringing skill, experience and mutual respect to the task of providing superior medical care for our patients.
This individual will Direct Risk Management activities for Virginia Hospital Center and support the Quality and Patient Safety goals of the institution.
- Makes appropriate referrals to hospital and medical staff committees, including Self-Insured Trust Committe, Risk Oversight Committe, Hospital Safety Committee, and others as directed
- Serves as facilitator for Self-Insured Trust Committee and/or Risk Oversight Committee, and other clinical safety/risk committees as designated and provides support
- Ensures QA/RM data is maintained in a confidential manner
- Identifies deviation from standards and the causes and assists staff in the resolution of problems and concerns
- Prepares accurate and timely reports on RM and Claims for submission to the Professional Affairs committee/ MEC
- Ensures a comprehensive risk management program to include:
- Interfacing with legal counsel for medical malpractice defense, court orders and legal and regulatory concerns
- Claims management in conjunction with the TPA
- Appropriate RM and compensable event documentation to support professional liability insurance program
- Juris Doctor required
- BSN preferred
- Three years experience in risk management required
- Five years experience in Healthcare/Medical - Nursing/Patient Care preferred
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse by the Virginia Department of Health Professions or Compact State Licensure in Nursing preferred
Pay & Benefits: In addition to salary, the benefit package includes paid major holidays, vacation/sick time, health & dental insurance, and 401(k)