This position serves a patient population of Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric.
This training this position provide technical skills as a member of the surgical team, communicating with supervisors, other surgery staff, surgeons, and anesthesiologists.
The demands on this position are very dynamic because of rapid changes in medical procedures, technical knowledge, instrumentation, equipment, policies, procedures, and because of surgeon's preferences in equipment, instruments, needles, and suture.
This position the type of equipment and supplies required for the surgical care of the patient relative to the surgeon's preference cards and knowledge of the procedure, and to identify any breakdown in aseptic technique and take appropriate action.
This position ensures equipment is working properly before surgical procedure, cares for equipment after procedure, and is responsible for reporting equipment that is not working properly or is broken.
**The trainee works under the direction of a preceptor to develop skills and pass milestones in training for each surgery service line as set forth by the educator and preceptor. This position is not to exceed 12 months from the training start date.
Other related duties, flexible hours, and overtime may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Renown Health Values.
2. Basic hand-eye coordination.
3. Skills for providing patient care of technical nature under the supervision of a registered nurse.
4. Skills for performing scrub duties, which facilitate the work of the surgeon.
5. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, motor/sensory, psychosocial and safety appropriate to the age of the patients served.
This position does provide patient care.