Provides a clean and safe environment for patients, visitors and staff through the performance of various tasks. Assigned responsibilities may vary from day to day dependent on department and hospital needs. The hospital reserves the right to revise this job description based on the needs of the department and/or hospital.
1. Receives daily assignment and reports to assigned area.
2. Selects appropriate cleaning materials and supplies, loads service cart or prepares equipment and cleaning solutions.
3. Follows prescribed health guidelines in accomplishing assigned responsibilities.
4. Follows prescribed assignment procedures, protocols and techniques.
5. Cleans equipment at the end of shift to maintain it in good operating condition, Notifies the supervisor of any repairs needed.
6. Reports mechanical failure or negative conditions as observed in any building area to a supervisor and/or use of reporting mechanisms in place.
7. Participates in any emergency procedures, performing assigned tasks.
8. Performs periodic irregular duties as requested and/or assigned.
9. Demonstrates sound judgment in carrying out different tasks of assigned responsibilities.
10. Demonstrates sound judgment when determining priorities of daily tasks.
11. Completes assigned tasks within appropriate time period.
12. Operates autoclave, when/if assigned, in the prescribed manner to properly treat medical waste.
13. Interface with boiler mechanic(s) to ensure observation of all safety regulations when/if assigned to operate the autoclave.
14. Maintains and cares for hospitals grounds, mows lawns, trims hedges, rakes leaves, picks up refuse for disposal, and spreads salt as required when/if assigned.
15. Performs all aspects of cleaning spills related to patient, visitors and staff. This includes all liquids, foodstuffs, bodily fluids and fecal material.
16. Empties linen hampers and disposes of soiled linen in specialty areas as required by section need. Empties all soiled linen generated as result of patient discharge cleaning procedures.
17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions. No formal experience is needed. On the job training is provided.