It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|SUPERVISOR PLANT OPERATIONS|
|Job Post Date:||05/09/2012|
|Facility:||WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL|
1. Helps develop and submits departmental goals and objectives as required by the Division Administrator. Assists in the development of policies and procedures to assure standards of performance are met.
2. Participates in Interviewing, hiring, evaluating, counseling and terminating employees as per hospital policy. Utilization of the grievance procedure will be followed as required.
3. Helps schedules staff based on budgeted staffing plan and department needs.
4. Helps develops and submits operating and capital budgets and reports variances as required to the Division Administrator.
5. Helps assure compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations and accreditation standards, including but not limited to: The Joint Commission, New York State Building and Health Departments, City of White Plains Building and Public Safety Departments, Unites States Department of Housing and Urban Development, National Fire Protection Association standards, AIA Guidelines for the Construction of Healthcare Facilities, and others as required by individual projects.
6. Helps assure completion of staff orientation, annual and ongoing competency and education requirements.
7. Attends and participates in educational programs or activities to maintain current level of knowledge or expertise to manage department.
8. Participates and assures department involvement in ongoing Performance Improvement initiative as required. Submits reports as required.
9. Helps conduct monthly staff meetings to update staff and/or address department issues and records meeting minutes for all staff.
10. Utilizes multiple methodologies to communicate information.
11. Adheres to and implements safety standards for employees, visits and patients.
12. Participates in committees, task forces, projects, etc. as required.
13. Assist in the development of end user programs by directly overseeing design meetings with facility employees and design consultants.
14. Assist in the development of project equipment lists and requirements by participating in design meetings with facility employees and design consultants, including Department Managers, Biomedical Engineering, Telecommunications, Information Technologies, Building Services, and Project Management.
15. Assist in the development of project budgets to be presented to facility administration and regulatory agencies, and used for overall project design parameters.
16. Assist in the development of capital projects by working with outside designers, vendors, and contractors to ensure continued plant operations throughout the project
17. Assist in the implementation of capital projects by working with the construction team to ensure compliance with all Hospital & Regulatory requirements including PCRA, ICRA, ISLM assessments: Shut Off and Hot Work requests, and the continued operations of the plant
18. Assist in the direct supervision of Engineers and Design Consultants as required by ongoing projects. Including review of design documents for compliance with end user programs, facility standards and needs, regulatory agency requirements and codes.
19. Assist in the direct supervision of contractors working on facility grounds including: scheduling, adherence to job specifications, quality of work placed, safety, and regulatory compliance.
20. Assist in the direct supervision of department staff including: facility operations, maintenance, and facility construction projects. Including: scheduling, adherence to job specifications, quality of work placed, safety, and regulatory compliance.
21. Assist in the set up and occupancy of new and relocated end user programs. Including punch list development and implementation, commissioning of mechanical equipment and systems, scheduling of equipment deliveries and startups, coordinating and working with all regulatory agencies, development and implementation of staff orientation and education.
22. Responsible to share On-Call with other department managers to give the facility 24/7 coverage by an Engineering Director, Assistant Director of Engineering, or Supervisor.
23. Assist the Director (s) and Assistant Director (s) of Engineering and Vice President of Facilities in the test and inspection of Utilities and Life safety systems and ensure compliance of all required documentation for The Joint Commission, OSHA, WPFD, NYSDOH and other regulatory agencies
24. Assist in the development and maintenance of facility system As-Built documentation by working with project teams, designers, and contractors and ensuring that building information is correct and updated.
25. Attends Management/Leadership meetings as scheduled/required and communicates hospital policies, performance improvement initiatives and all other required information to their staff.
26. Is supportive of hospital initiatives and projects and functions as a positive change agent.
27. Submits all other work reports as required/requested by the Director, Assistant Director of Engineering, and Division Administrator.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma Required