- Oversees daily office operations and delegates to assigned clerical staff as needed.
- Assists office staff in developing and implementing short- and long-term work plans and objectives for clerical functions.
- Assists the Administrative Director or supervisors in implementing department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Develops guidelines for prioritizing work activities, evaluating effectiveness, and modifying activities as necessary. Ensures that office is staffed appropriately at all times.
- Assists in the recruiting, hiring, orientation, development, and evaluation of clerical staff.
- Establishes and maintains an efficient and responsive patient flow system.
- Oversees and approves office supply inventory, ensures that mail is opened and processed, and offices are opened and closed according to procedures, based on departmental budget.
- Supports and upholds established policies, procedures, objectives, quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control, and codes and requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Coordinates staff development activities as directed by Administrative Director or supervisors.
- Schedules meetings and department activities as directed.
- Takes minutes of meetings and keeps all records of the department activities, as directed by Administrative Director or supervisor.
- Oversees staff payroll submission in a timely manor and keeps records of all sick calls and time off on the annual attendance record card, to include per-diems and others as required.
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
High School or GED Required
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Preferably with educational background in healthcare administration.
Minimum three-five years of administrative/clerical experience, including one year of management experience in healthcare preferred.
Worked 2-3 with insurance authorizations( HMOs) and denials management in previous employment
Must have working knowledge of Microsoft office and experience with eDischarge, Midas and MediTech preferred.