It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Job Post Date:||08/21/2012|
|Category:||Professional - Clinical (Non-Nursing)|
|Facility:||WPH OFFSITE PHYSICIAN PRACTICE GROUP|
|Hours:||M-F Orthopedic Experience Strongly Preferred|
Professional License Required
·First Assist on surgical procedures. First and second assist on total hips and knees.
· Conducts physical exams, assesses health status, orders and interprets tests, prescribes medications, and treat illnesses including giving injections and suturing wounds. Consults with physicians as needed and refers to physicians for more complicated medical cases or cases that are not a routine part of a PA’s scope of work.
· Monitors therapies and provides continuity of care.
· Triages patient calls and evaluates patient problems. Responds to emergencies including use of CPR.
· Counsels patient/family on preventative health care.
· Documents patient information and care in medical record, in confidential manner, and may maintain departmental statistical database for research purposes.
· Demonstrates knowledge of medical model and roles of physicians and physician assistants. Familiar with anatomy, pharmacology, pathophysiology, clinical medicine and physical diagnosis.
· Demonstrates skill in gathering and analyzing physiological, socioeconomic, and emotional patient data.
· Demonstrates skill in accurately evaluating patient problems in person or via phone and providing appropriate advice, intervention, or referral.
· Demonstrates ability to make responsible decisions within scope of PA practice.
· Demonstrates ability to collaborate effectively with physicians on complicated cases.
· Demonstrates ability to educate patients, families and staff in user-friendly manner.
· Demonstrates ability to demonstrate eye-hand coordination, full range of motion, and manual dexterity.