It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|ASSISTANT DIRECTOR, ENGINEERING|
|Facility:||WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL|
Bachelor of Science
Previous Hospital Experience Required
See below. Performs all other duties as assigned.
1. Develops and submits departmental goals and objectives as required by the Division Administrator.
2. Interviews, hires, evaluates, counsels and terminates employees as per hospital policy.
3. Schedules staff based on budgeted staffing plan and department needs.
4. Develops and submits operating and capital budgets and reports variances as required to the Division Administrator.
5. Assures compliance with Federal, State, and Local regulations and accreditation standards. Including: The Joint Commission For the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, New York State Building and Health Departments, City of White Plains Building and Public Safety Departments, Unites States Department of Housing and Urban Development, National Fire Protection Association standards, AIA Guidelines for the Construction of Healthcare Facilities, and others as required by individual projects.
6. Assures completion of staff orientation, annual and ongoing competency and education requirements.
7. Attends and participates in educational programs or activities to maintain current level of knowledge or expertise to manage department.
8. Participates and assures department involvement in ongoing Performance Improvement initiative as required. Submits reports as required.
9. Attends Management/Leadership meetings as required.
10. Conducts monthly staff meetings to update staff and/or address department issues and records meeting minutes for all staff.
11. Utilizes multiple methodologies to communicate information.
12. Adheres to safety standards for employees and patients.
13. Participates in committees, task forces, projects, etc. as required.
14. Assist in the development of end user programs by directly overseeing design meetings with facility employees and design consultants.
15. Assist in the development of project equipment lists and requirements by directly overseeing design meetings with facility employees and design consultants. Including Department Managers, Biomedical Engineering, Telecommunications, Information Technologies, Building Services, and Plant operations.
16. Assist in the development of project budgets to be presented to Facility administration and regulatory agencies, and used for overall project design parameters.
17. Assistant in the development of regulatory review packages. Including submissions to New York State Health Department, City of White Plains Building Department, United States Department of Housing and Urban Development, and others project depending.
18. Assist in the direct supervision of design consultants as required by ongoing projects. Including review of design documents for compliance with end user programs, facility standards and needs, regulatory agency requirements and codes.
19. Assist in the direct supervision of contactors working on facility grounds including: scheduling, adherence to job specifications, quality of work placed, safety, and regulatory compliance.
20. Assist in the direct supervision of department staff including: facility operations, maintenance, and facility construction projects. Including: scheduling, adherence to job specifications, quality of work placed, safety, and regulatory compliance.
21. Assist in the set up and occupancy of new and relocated end user programs. Including punch list development and implementation, commissioning of mechanical equipment and systems, scheduling of equipment deliveries and startups, coordinating and working with all regulatory agencies, development and implementation of staff orientation and education.
22. Responsible to share On-Call with other department managers to give the facility 24/7 coverage by an Engineering Manager.
23. Submits all other work reports as required/requested by the Division Administrator.