It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
|Job Post Date:||11/15/2012|
|Facility:||WHITE PLAINS HOSPITAL|
|Hours:||January 7, 2013 - January 11, 2013, 8AM - 4PM|
· Performs tasks listed in job summary according to policy & procedure and standards.
· Integrates patient’s rights into work practice.
· Adheres to infection control standards to decrease the risk of nosocomial infections to patients and staff.
· Participates in Performance Improvement initiatives including data collection.
· Utilizes appropriate steps in the decision making process to include recognition and priority setting related to patient care and unit based issues.
· Collaborates and communicates with the health care team.
· Completes competency requirements.
· Attends mandatory inservices.
· Attends staff meetings as required/ requested.
· Utilizes cost containment practices.
· Adheres to all WPH standards of care, policies and procedures including dress code, code of conduct, behavioral standards, completion of annual mandatory education and completion of annual health assessment.
· Rounds on patients utilizing Studer principles
· Completes a “Case Study” project (2nd year and above apprentices only) utilizing evidenced based practice as the foundation
· Performs other duties as assigned
Education, Training, Licensure and Experience Requirements
· Currently attending high school (junior and senior students) or enrolled in an accredited RN school of nursing (but have not yet started their clinical rotations)
· Two letters of recommendation and an essay describing “Why the candidate should be awarded the Apprenticeship”
· Personal interview with both Coordinators of the Nurse Apprentice Program
· GPA of 3.0 – B+ preferred
· Successful completion of the Nurse Apprentice Program Orientation