Title of Position: Dietary Coordinator
Department(s): Food Services
Supervisor’s Title: Assistant Food Services Director
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Functions Responsible for: N/A
Last Revised: May 2014
We create the healthcare experience of choice…every time.
The Dietary Coordinator’s primary responsibility is coordinating work flow and providing clerical support to department. The Dietary Coordinator is responsible for scheduling of catering requests and maintains billing and financial functions for the department.
Demonstrates behaviors which contribute to the growth and achievement of Memorial’s mission and fiscal health:
· Is respectful of all people internally and externally,
· Shows compassion for all,
· Accountable to commitments and the organization,
· Demonstrates safety in all actions,
· Behaves in a manner which promotes teamwork,
· Continually strives for excellence.
1. Performs clerical and general office duties appropriately, this includes but is not limited to answering phones, routing incoming mail, composing routine correspondence, and maintaining office files and records while maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information.
2. Maintain employee time cards and man-hour usage reports being cognizant of budget and ensures proper wage and hour law is being followed.
3. Creates and maintains catering schedule and communicates pertinent information to appropriate dietary staff.
4. Oversees departments accounts receivable/payable, including reconciliation and maintenance of related records.
5. May be responsible for a variety of billing/financial functions for the department.
6. Creates and communicates department financial reporting (MCR) to leadership team.
7. Identifies resources needed to locate and input department data.
8. Update and maintain department databases and information in a timely manner.
9. Attends and assists with required department meetings.
10. Performs special projects as well as generate accurate and timely reports as requested by supervision.
11. Demonstrates excellence in customer service when answering the telephone and when greeting visitors to the department, directing to the appropriate resource when needed.
12. Provides support services for departmental activities, events and educational offerings.
13. Communicates data effectively to internal and external recipients
14. Responds to changes as necessary; demonstrates flexibility in view of interruptions; functions as a steadily productive employee.
15. Utilizes equipment and supplies adequately and communicates if inventory is low.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required. AA/Technical degree or experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum of two years office or accounting experience required. Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office and Internet Explorer applications required.
Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Washington State Food Handler’s Card
Level of Business Knowledge/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: General knowledge of accounting required. Clerical/Customer Service required.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate clearly in English
- Ability to remember, understand, and apply oral and or written instructions.
- Reasoning and Decision Making
- Ability to plan, organize and carry out assignments from management staff with minimal direction.
- Ability to analyze situations, think critically, interpret data, and make decisions that have moderate impact on immediate work unit.
- Ability to prioritize and execute a variety of tasks simultaneously and work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize job duties in an effective and timely manner, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Ability to efficiently manage work flow of several engineers.
- Communicate pertinent information to supervisors and all others as appropriate.
- Confidently exercise authority to add or prioritize work for multiple buildings as seen fit.
- Physical requirements for this position include: hearing, seeing, speaking, feeling, reaching, pinching, and repetitive motions
- This position requires sitting for moderate periods of time. Walking and/or standing are required routinely.
- This position requires exerting up to 25 pounds of force in order to lift, carry, pull, or move objects.
“Yakima Valley Memorial Hospital provides reasonable accommodations to assist qualified individuals in order to perform the essential duties/requirements their job requires. The description is intended to provide only basic guidelines for meeting job requirements and serves as merely a summary rather than a complete listing of duties. Responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities, and working conditions may change as needs evolve. This job description does not constitute a contract as employment is at will.”